Denim fabrics are quite thick and they use heavy materials; and not all types of sewing machines are good for these types of textiles. They require a machine designed for heavy-duty sewing projects. If you plan to handle various ventures using denim and other heavy fabrics, you may have to go for the best sewing machine for denim. Working on a regular sewing machine for denims may not provide you the result you desire, and they may even ruin your fabrics. So, it goes without saying that you need to use a machine that fits your requirements.
There are a wide variety of sewing machines produced by different manufacturers, making it rather tough for you to determine which one to choose as the best sewing machine for denim. Of course, they all claim to have the best ones for you, but not all sewing machines for denim may address your needs and taste. It takes proper selection and familiarity of the features you expect from each sewing machine before you can say that you found the best machine for denim that have the features that fit your requirements.
Updated as of 2013-01-13 16:50
The Significance of Using the Right Type of Sewing Machine for Denim Fabrics
It may be important to note that it will significantly help you to have the best sewing machine for denim, if you are looking to work on a wide range of projects using heavy fabrics, like denims. You don’t want to keep changing a broken needle, or continue wasting your fabrics just because you have the wrong sewing machine for the kind of fabric you are working on. Having the best sewing machine for denim means:
• Fast and easy construction of denim and other heavy fabrics;
• Reduced working time;
• More convenient sewing and;
• Less hassles in operating the sewing machine.
Things to Remember When Choosing the Best Sewing Machine for Denim
If you are planning to buy the best sewing machine for denim to work on various sewing projects, these are some of the things you may want to take into account in making your decision:
Capacity to Sew Different Types of Fabrics
The best sewing machine for denim fabrics doesn’t have to be exclusive for denims only. You may want to choose something that can sew not just heavier fabrics but also the lightweight ones. Read on to check out different options for your varied sewing projects.
The best sewing machine for denim fabrics can hold up from regular to heavy use. You don’t want to work on a machine that can’t provide you the performance you expect. You want it to last you many years.
If you are working on a shoestring budget, but you want to have the best sewing machine for denim, you can definitely have what you desire. Though heavy-duty sewing machines are quite expensive, you can find cheaper sewing machines that pretty well work just as great as the more expensive ones. You may just have to check on their features and quality.
Best Sewing Machine for Denim – Top 2 Choices
With the variety of sewing machines available in the market today, there’s definitely a lot that are suitable for their purpose. It is always best to find one that suits your requirement. If you are planning to work on a lot of denim fabrics, perhaps you want to consider getting the best sewing machine for denim, especially if you are working and sewing on a regular basis. This is to avoid ruining the fabric and preventing your machine from breaking down. If you don’t have any idea on what brand/model to purchase, check out these two sewing machines:
Especially designed to accommodate heavier fabrics such as denims, the Singer 4411 comes with a high-speed motor that produces 1,100 stitches per minute. This is such a workhorse and if you are into sewing denim fabrics to earn a living, this is the best sewing machine for denim that you can have. It features a heavy-duty metal construction, ultra-high speed and a great motor that allow you to sew just about any project you want done using this machine. The efficient performance and utility of this free-arm sewing machine is supported by:
• 11 built-in stitches that includes 6 basic stitches, 4 decorative stitches and an automatic 4-step buttonhole stitch ideal for clothing construction, crafting projects, home décor, etc;
• Stainless steel bed plate for smooth and easy flow of fabric across the sewing machine;
• Top drop-in bobbin for quick removal and insertion of thread supply and easy checking of available thread in the bobbin;
• Drop feed for free-motion sewing on decorative projects;
• Adjustable stitch length used to control the length of stitch by rotating the knob;
• Adjustable presser foot control to sew lightweight materials to heavier fabrics such as denims and;
• Automatic reverse for reverse sewing that reinforces stitches.
If you require versatility in your sewing machine, the Brother XL2610 is the one for you. This is also the best sewing machine for denim if you are considering using it for heavier fabrics. It is a free-arm machine that can be converted to flat bed for larger fabrics. This sewing machine is very compact, lightweight and portable, but it works best with heavy-duty performance as it has aces up in its sleeves with the following wonderful features:
• 25 stitches (includes quilting, clothing construction, decorative, blind hem and stretch stitches) with 59-stitch functions, and 4-step buttonholer, which provides you diversity in your stitch selection;
• Automatic needle threader for easy threading,
• The integrated thread cutter that provides convenient machine set up;
• Drop-in bobbin mechanism for easy threading and monitoring of available bobbin thread;
• Adjustable stitch length and width for easy adjustment of stitches as required;
• Thread tension control dial provides convenient and simple alteration of thread tension to avoid loose or wrinkled stitching and;
• Power button that allows you to safely turn off/on the sewing machine as needed.
Be Smart and Look for the Right Sewing Machine to Handle Denim Fabric
Sewing denims and other heavy fabrics doesn’t have to be intimidating as there are sewing machines designed to fit such purpose. Choosing the best sewing machine for denim allows you to enjoy creating various designs of denim fabrics for your family and, perhaps, friends and clients.
Regardless of your available budget, you can definitely have the best sewing machine for denim for as long as you have a pretty good idea of what you really require, and what you are really looking for.